Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve!

It's Thanksgiving Eve!!

After work today, I am going to be prepping for tomorrow with my third Thanksgiving preparing for 12! Tonight will be simple with pies and cutting up bits for the relish and meat & cheese plates for people to munch on before the main event. I have managed to organize the whole cooking event to have it orchestrated to have everything done and warm before serving. The major challenge will be getting the family (read: younger cousins who lack the responsibilities I had to work my way through at their age) to help with setting the table, setting up the plates, and general not acting like ungrateful gits. (Harry Potter marathon in my life.) I'm thinking of a buffet set up because with all the dishes being warm, it would be hard to pass.

What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions? We normally will go around the table and say things that we are thankful for, have my grandma lead a prayer, and dig in. I would like to make the whole part of giving thanks a little more personal to each person, but I don't know how. Thoughts? Ideas? All are greatly appreciated in advance!

Oh, and a special shout out to my Tri Delta sisters...Happy Founders' Day! I know that technically it was November 28, 1888 as the founding, but Thanksgiving Eve will always be what I remember since that's when we would celebrate.

All sorts of symbols...You non-Deltas try to figure them out...
Two up top to Sarah and Eleanor for kicking it in the Philological Library and making a kick ace sisterhood.
Sarah Ida Shaw
Eleanor Dorcas Pond


No comments:

Post a Comment