Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blog Challenge Day 17: Something To Look Forward Towards

First, I would like to give a BIG shout out to all those that are and have served in the military!! Because of you, I have my freedoms and today off from work!! You and your families' sacrifices are truly my blessing. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope that you are enjoying your Veterans' Day as you see fit.

Now, back to the challenge!

Something that I'm looking forward to would have to be the holidays and winter!

I love the Thanksgiving holiday because it starts of the Christmas season and on the right note because you have to remember why you're thankful. Being in the true holiday spirit makes the season more meaningful than ever!

After Thanksgiving, there's the holiday festivities that always pop up. From friends hosting Friendsgiving which is a pot luck Thanksgiving the weekend before Thanksgiving to Happy Whatevs where we all come together around Christmas and New Years to see each other. Then there's Christmas! I will probably be spending Christmas in Colorado because my dad's schedule is not set and let's be honest, given the choice of Colorado and Michigan in the winter, Colorado is the clear front runner. I should really get around to figuring out gifts for this year...

Does anyone find it hard to buy for their parents? They already buy or budget for anything they want, but what do you get them that they would enjoy and indulge in? Oy.

Past the gift giving anxiety, then there's New Years'! Every year, I try to do something different and have very low expectations for some earth shattering, movie ending, fireworks, countdown to kissing my true love. Basically, I get together with friends, have some bubbly and see where the night takes me. This year, I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I have a feeling I will be in bed by 1am.

(I look really excited about everything with all of those exclamation points! Ha. Had to sneak one last one in there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment