Here's what's happening as of late and whenever I get around to uploading pictures from my camera and iPhone, I will give you better posts, but for now, you'll have to deal with this lazy post.
- I went to Dallas to see my padre y madre dos and went to the Samsung Mobile 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. It was awesome. That will get its own post.
- I saw the space shuttle Discovery get a piggyback ride from a 747 with an F-18 escort over the White House. (It's restricted air space, so this was a BIG deal. Not that flying a space shuttle on the back of an airplane isn't a big deal, but you get the point.)
- I am on the hunt for a pair of gold heels for my friend's wedding in September. You might think that this task would be easy, but I'm like freakin' Goldilocks. Some heels are too tall, some are too short. Some gold is too trashy, some isn't gold enough. Some are formal enough, some are for the beach. I need to find the perfect fit. Literally and figuratively. Wish me luck.
- I cannot believe that we picked the one weekend all of the oncologists are going to be in Chicago for a bachelorette party. It was a little hairy to get a hotel room, much less four...which is now two, but let's not go there.
- I am really horrible at checking my PO Box. So much so that I have to set a reminder at the office to go check it. Which I inevitably ignore because I'm busy. Or it's cold out. Or too hot out. Or I just don't care enough.
- I've become a heated, frothed milk snob for my coffee. And it doesn't help that the office got a Nespresso. It's a sick addiction.
- I had a
majorminor freak out about getting grey hair this weekend. So, much luscious shade of chocolate hair is not my natural color. I'm more of a dirty blonde, I think. (I haven't let me hair get out growth of any measure for the last 15 years.) Well, in the atrocious lighting of my bathroom, it looked like I had a patch of grey hair coming in. Not a hair or two, but a patch. Yeah. Had to make sure that was the light playing tricks on me. And thank little baby Jesus, I just need a root touch-up.
Final thought, in case you're having a case of the Mondays, I direct you here. It's 13 Steps to Making It Through a Rough Day. Here's my favorite: