Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blog Challenge Day 8: Oh The Many Places You'll Go!

I have been fortunate enough to travel all over. I have been to Europe a couple of times, Hawai'i a couple of times, a lot of the states, a couple islands in the Caribbean, but a lot of those were before the invention of the digital camera. Well, Jamaica wasn't, but I can't seem to find any pictures from that.

Unfortunately, I don't have my actual memories from the following places, but they are probably a little better than my ancient point and shoot.

Sanibel Island, FL - The beach is shells. Straight up shells.

Cannon Beach, OR - Look familiar? It's the beach from The Goonies

Kona, The Big Island, Hawai'i - The Four Seasons has resorts on lock.

Rome, Italy - If you face away and throw a coin over your shoulder into the fountain, you're said to return. (You bet your bippy I tossed a coin.)

Florence, Italy - The Duomo is GIGANTIC. Florence was also my favorite place in Italy.

Venice, Italy - St. Mark's Square has THOUSANDS of pigeons...and where I accidentally punted one. (To be fair, I was swinging my feet to get them out of the way and he connected with my foot.)

Paris, France - Too many places to choose from...J'adore Paris!

Versailles, France - The Hall of Mirror really captures the opulence of the age.

Mont Saint-Michel, France - It's a hilly, island town that cannot be access by road at high tide.

Bathe, England - There are a ton of circuses in this Roman founded town.

London, England - While I was there, there was a parade because Queen Elizabeth II was speaking to Parliament.

Honolulu, Oahu, Hawai'i - This is a little beach that's a hike down from the road...and also where they filmed From Here to Eternity and 50 First Dates.

Bloody Bay, Negril, Jamaica - Who knew that Jamaica would be so cloudy in the afternoon?


No comments:

Post a Comment