Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

That Moment

Country songs will tell you that you have that "moment" where everything clicks and you know that it's meant to be.

I have those moments and call them deja vu. Legit will have a dream where I'll talk about something that, at the time, I do not understand but when I'm in the moment, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Those are moments when I know I'm exactly where I'm meant to be in time and space. Whether it's the path I'll be on for awhile, in that moment, I'm there. Those affirmations are what let's me know that I'm not drifting aimlessly through the universe.

Crazy, perhaps, but I had another type of moment last night.

I was HeyTell-ing with my girl Shannon and we were ranting about our days, chatting about random things, you know, girl talk. I was having dinner dessert of spoonfuls of Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Chocolate Frosting (made with real Hershey's Dutch Cocoa) when I received this pic from Mrs. Dew:


"Having this for you" 
This moment? Is how I knew that we are sisters from another mother. Granted, she only had a spoonful since she was legit baking a cake for co-workers, I was having multiple spoonfuls and contemplating a spatula to get the last bits out, thankyouverymuchPMS. She knew that I had ranted about wanting Red Vine straws with my soda and was denied because they are made with flour so I was drowning my sorrows in gluten-free frosting.

Although we've never met, we have blogged, ranted, HeyTell-ed, texted, and just generally gotten to know each other over the interwebs. Basically, we are modern day pen pals. And that? Is pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. Dude don't let the fact that I baked a cake fool you, I definitely ate over half the container and stretched the remianing 1/2 for my cake that was barely iced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ana- just gave you a blog award! come check out my post from this afternoon- http://sarahandkris.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete