Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting My Art On

This weekend, I cashed in my Groupon to Art by the Glazz. It's a painting class with a bar. Basically, heaven on earth.

I had done Canvas & Cocktails in Denver before and thought that I could add to my artwork here.

The picture for the evening was On the Waterfront. Sounds easy, right? I mean, I would receive some direction to get this, right?
I'm all over this.
And then the class started.

There wasn't so much teaching as it was, get started and we'll walk around the room. So? I painted what I know. Colorado sunsets. None of this waterfront crap. And I totally wrecked my at-home mani. But then again, it was a wreck of a mani to start with, so it wasn't a total loss.


Also? There was a girl in the class who probably consider better friends since no one told her that she had an obscene tag still on one of her layers.

I mean, how could you NOT notice?
 To review, I'm not good at painting unless you give me direction and I will be left to my own devices.

And really, Homeland Sunset deserves some more prominence. Let's be fair.

Yeah, that's the Colorado flag.
When the class walked around, someone commented on my clouds as some modern artist's color degradation series. Whatever. I'll take it.


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, LOOK at your painting! It looks awesome :-) Love the Colorado flag. That POOR girl. Wow. Embarrassing :-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is that tag not causing her to itch?

    ReplyDelete