Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Teleworking

As of late, I have been loving this whole teleworking policy to work from home. Why does this rock my socks off? I tend to learn the hard way how gluten is in some foods. Like Doritos. Those asshats put wheat flour on the nacho cheesy corn chip deliciousness. Also? That shizz has MSG in it.

Guess who needs to be quarantined? This gluten-intolerant dumbass.

Anyway, it's nice to roll out of bed, work in sweatshirts and yoga pants, get free coffee from the lobby, have Home Alone playing in the background. Kind blows your mind, right? Yeah, working in an office isn't what it's all cracked up to be.

Except when technology hates you. I get the irony that I am, in fact, using technology to blog, but what it takes to get into the network for my office without lugging about my work laptop is that I not have, well, good technology. I have a Mac. And that, my friends? Is not supported by the (Un)Help Desk. I wasted almost an hour trying to get access BACK into my email (I already had it) just for them to tell me they can't help me. Two seconds after hanging up, I fixed the issue with amending the version that loads.

I should also point out that working while you're not tip-top also sucks. A LOT. At least I didn't have to field too many calls or emails. Well, aside from forgetting that my boss was out and had to email someone else while I couldn't access email to see who was in charge for the day. Weird how a TECHNOLOGY Division cannot depend on TECHNOLOGY.

Whatever. I saved nine hours of sick leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment