Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lazy Winter Dinners

You know what I love about the winter? Easy meals. You can throw anything in a crockpot, casserole dish, or microwave plate for some meals that warm the belly and warm your house.

As of late, I am eating acorn squash. For 15 minutes on high, I get a delicious little veggie serving with a little indulgence of maple syrup or splenda and cinnamon. Yum yum yum.

If I had my crock pot out here in DC, which, really is my mom's so I guess I don't really have one, but you know what I mean. Anyway, I would throw in some chicken, some stock, some potatoes, turn it on and go to work. Here are the basics to crockpot gold:

Meat
Soup/Stock
Potatoes
Perhaps some veggies

Done and done. Mix your flavors and your soup/stock and you've basically created delicious every time.

Side note: make sure that you actually turn on the crockpot before you leave. Not that I'm telling you from experience, or anything, but let's just say it was a sandwich night and a waste of a roast. Womp womp.

What are your go-to winter meals?

1 comment:

  1. I love using my crock pot, but hate cleaning it. Thank goodness for the Reynolds Liners!

    I love simple meals. The fewer ingredients the better. Turkey breast rubbed down with butter and sprinkled with onion soup mix. 8 hours on low. Yum. Yum. Yum.

    ReplyDelete