Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Some Beauty Picks

So, some people have a T-zone. I, however, have a goaT-zone. Recently, thanks to stress and apparently a second coming of puberty, I have a very congested chin. Ugh.

I have had it with trying to fight these things. Before going to a dermatologist, I decided to see what I could do for myself. I went to Sephora first to get myself a Clarisonic. I went with the Mia. I don't need fancy speeds or a body brush attachment, not to mention it's also $100 cheaper. Another reason I went to Sephora? The free samples! Not only do you earn points with every purchase, you also get a crap-ton of free samples!! I got a bag to carry my Clarsonic in, got a mini-facial, and some take homes of the products. Score!

Pink AND I help breast cancer research? Yes, please!
For whatever reason, my Beauty Insider account said that it was my birthday, so I also got a free Philosophy Vanilla Cupcake shower gel/shampoo/bubble bath. I'm not going to argue! It's simply amazeballs. DOUBLE score!

It's an exclusive to Sephora.
Next stop was my local Aveda salon. I love Aveda and since my face would be slathered in whatever system I went with, I opted for the yummy-ness of Aveda. Their Outer Peace line is specifically for acne (Ew. I hate that word. And I always think of acne as a beard of zits whereas I just have a patch - well, soul patch - so I guess that I have to go with it. Ew anyway.) and in clinical trials, 92% of people saw a decrease in blemishes in four weeks. So, that's what I'm going with!

L-R: Cleanser, moisturizer, mask, spot treatment, toning pads.

If this go-T of breakouts is not diminished by then, I'm going to my dermatologist. No question. That, or I start wearing face masks and becoming a recluse.



No comments:

Post a Comment