Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Retail Therapy and Being a Maxxanista

On Saturday,  I decided that I needed a little retail therapy. I got myself a zippy Mini from Zipcar and headed out to Tysons Corner in Virginia.

I had a great time just going where I wanted, perusing what I wanted, and trying on what I wanted. I love shopping with my friends, but there's something about the one-on-one time that it truly therapeutic for me.

My first stop was to T.J. Maxx. My friend Caitlin works for their corporate office and has talked about all the great finds that she has from her local T.J. Maxx. My hot pink Converse from my NKOTBSB weekend was a T.J. Maxx.

Let me tell you, it takes a game plan and patience for my mind to stop jumping around in that store. There's just so much that I want to see, look at, try on that I have to divide and conquer. First, shoes, second housewares, third accessories, fourth is clothes.

My plan worked and I was able to take away quite a haul.
Pumping up my wardrobe.
In the end, I got a Jones New York suit, Calvin Klein dress, Adrienne Vittadini top, two other tops for suits, two pairs of shoes from Anne Klein and Me Too, Carter's onesies, Gerber onesies, and a baby gift set. How much did I save? From the retail values, I saved $438!! That's 65% savings from the retail prices. Oh, and all the baby stuff is for a gift. Clearly.

I am so a Maxxanista.

After such a successful trip to T.J. Maxx, I just planned to browse the racks at the mall for the intent of my retail therapy. Well, I came into Vineyard Vines. They are having their "Whale of a Sale" which is an ADDITIONAL 40% off sale prices.

An hour later, I walked out with $163 in savings for 40% when it was all said and done. (There were some non-sale items in that haul.)

Preppy heaven.
I managed to find three pairs of shorts in a bright coral, white and navy, a navy cable knit sweater (I know, it's 90 degrees out, but it's a wardrobe staple), a fun nautical halter top, a polo (shocker), a silk ribbon belt, and a pair of flip flops. Totally preptastic.

It wasn't until I got home that I was reminded that my TEN YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION was Saturday. I doubt that I would have gone if I were in Denver. (Ok, well, I might have gone to the Rockies game, but not in the Rock Pile, and meet up with them, but whatever.)

Instead, I was out at my favorite bar in DC. I ended up talking to this guy next to me that was not only from Colorado, but also from the Ranch which is a HUGE subdivision across the street from where I grew up. Most people you meet from Colorado are from the southside of the metro area since that's where most people live, so meeting someone from the northside and from a mile away from my childhood house is crazy.

To cap off the night, the bar played my senior class's song. Now, from 2001, it may seem like that wouldn't be too hard for a bar to play, but when your class song is "Dammit" from Blink 182, you would find the irony.

So, here's to great finds and savings. And finding that I was saved from reliving the awkwardness of high school.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! Looks like some great therapy over the weekend! So....did you get the guys digits?! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow -- amaaaazing new clothes!

    can't wait for more details on the boy!

    ReplyDelete