Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Holy Snow-Moley!

Yesterday, we started out with rain in the forecast, then there was some snow....that was full of huge flakes...
You can still see the grass, it's not sticking to the road...nothing to worry about, right?
It just kept snowing, but since the news and forecasts didn't really mention anything about a snowstorm in Denver, I didn't think much of it.

Today was our usual Boozing Brunch Bunch and we decided to meet in Loveland which is between Denver and Fort Collins (our alma mater). I woke up to a text from my friend Jessica asking if I was still good to drive. I immediately responded, "Yes, " thinking to myself, "Dude. It's just supposed to be in the 20s and spitting some snow. I drive a Subaru. I grew up in Colorado. I can deal." Then she asked if I wanted to leave earlier to let her know. That? Made me look out my window and see this.
The snow's so deep you can barely see the rocks on the pond.
And then, I opened up the garage to see this.


I'm totally spoiled and have a garage space and my mom toggles her cars between the driveway and the garage, and this makes me thankful.

Jessica and I got on the road and headed out just a little earlier to make sure that we had time to navigate the roads at a slower speed to make it on time. However, once we were 20 miles north of the city, we had this.

Sunny skies and dry roads? Colorado, you are menopausal.
Brunch was great and I saw some sisters that I hadn't seen in 7 years. It was good to chat and get caught up on life with each other. Just what the doctored ordered. A ladies' brunch once a month keeps you laughing, happy, and sane.

Now, I'm snuggling up with Harry, the fireplace, and the marketing machine that is the Super Bowl.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so cold!! But good for you for still making it to brunch! Hope you have a great week. Cheers! xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete