Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sleep Deprived and Awkwardly Glorified

First, let's start with the fact that I am wicked tired. The worst part about it? That when I go to bed at 8:00pm, my mind races, it's on auto-pilot, and all of a sudden, it's midnight. Not cool. This? Also led to me having to call in sick since I was so exhausted. I've had bouts of fatigue and exhaustion before, thought that we had worked through it with my doctor, but I'm going to get serious. I'm going to go for a whole battery of test tomorrow to at least narrow down what the heck is making me sleep this much.

Second, let's talk about the awesomeness of this picture once again.

Go ahead. Love it. Live it. Be jealous of it.


Well, I decided that it needed to be submitted to awkwardfamilyphotos.com. While I was there, I realized that they started a new site called awkwardfamilypetphotos.com. Clearly, this is where my Dorothy Hamill belongs. I submitted the picture and completely forgot to stalk to see if they posted it. (I encourage you to go to the website, but I'll save you the trouble of losing my train of thought and looking for this, it hasn't been posted.)

In my sleep deprived stupor, I read my email from my other email address (everyone has one of those you use for signing up for things that you know might lead to spam.) and got this little gem:


Dear Ana,

I'm writing to you because we love your photo and wanted to know if you would be interested in having it be a part of the Awkward Family Pet Photos book that will be published by Random House next year, a follow-up to the NY Times bestselling Awkward Family Photos. The book will be the ultimate celebration of the relationship between people and their pets. Please let me know if you're interested so we can send you more information and thanks for the great submission.

Best,

Mike & Doug
Creators
AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com
AwkwardFamilyPetPhotos.com

That's right. My crotch-blocking, Olan Mills standard is being considered for a freaking book. No word on if they will use it or when exactly the book will be out, but you bet your bippy I will be getting a copy. I'll keep you posted on development of my awkwardness in print.


1 comment:

  1. Ummm if that gets posted in a book, I'd like an autographed copy.

    ReplyDelete