Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Things I'm Loving Right Now

To spare some of my gentlemen readers, I won't be spouting on about more beauty products.

(Although I am thinking that I may have a Brant Redux slash BP inspired post for oil slick cleanup ideas for the face and hair.)

Sunrises
Sunsets are gorgeous and look somewhat the same (Well, not in Colorado where sunrise over the prairie, sunset is behind 14ers), but there's something about the sunrise that means that you are going to attack the day.
I took this on the way to work this morning.

Gluten-Free Pasta
This may seem random, but I really like gluten-free pasta more than "normal" pasta right now. Why? Because I can cook the whole thing and reheating a portion actually tastes better than reheating regular pasta. Gluten-free pasta can be a little bard to cook, but I have found a great brand called Tinkyada. It even says that the pasta can withstand "quite a bit overcooking". Also, reheat tip, Fill up the container containing the pasta with water. Microwave for a couple of minutes, then drain the water. Voila! Pasta that tastes fresh made!
They have everything from macaroni, to lasagna, to spaghetti, to fucilli.
Applesauce
Seriously? What is it about applesauce that makes me happy? If you've ever had to be on the BRAT diet, then you know that the "A" is for applesauce. So, how is it that no matter how I may feel, I love applesauce? It's a fruity treat that doesn't need to be sweetened, can be warmed or chilled, sprinkled with cinnamon, ahhh...so yummy!!
YUM!
Ants on a Log
I may have been channelling my inner preschooler lately. I'm digging applesauce. I want Ants on a Log. I've always wanted naps. Man, preschoolers have the sweet life. Aside from timeouts. Totally not cool. Anyway, I have sophisticated my tastes, though, Instead of the usual peanut butter, I use almond butter. I get the fresh made stuff from Whole Foods. Although, I have been dying to try their peanut & chocolate butter making machine....chocolate...peanut butter....I digress. And drool. Anyway, for those of you not in the know, Ants on a Log is simply celery filled with nut butter of some sort topped with raisins. It's a great blend of textures and tastes. It's crunchy, creamy, and chewy, all the while decadent and sweet. I think I want this for lunch!
So simple, yet so delicious.
Next up? I think I'll make Dirt. (Cool Whip, chocolate pudding, crushed Oreos, and gummi worms.) Or Sand. (Cool Whip, vanilla pudding, crushed vanilla wafers, and maltballs - for coconuts)


New On Ramps
They completed the new on ramp to the interstate last night and opened it this morning. It allows for more time to accelerate and an extended merge/acceleration lane to make it easier for me to pass the semi trucks and merge with traffic going 65 mph. I think that they are still going to add the traffic flow stop lights because there's an HOV lane on the on ramp, but I don't care. I'm weirdly excited!

What are you loving this morning?



1 comment:

  1. I'm totes with you in the apple sauce, it also makes a really great substitute if you're looking for a "healthier" brownie recipe. And, we love the beauty product reviews, btw :D

    ReplyDelete