Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Things I'm Loving Right Now

I'm having a little writers block, so I thought that I would share things that I am loving right now in picture form and then write a little description of how the love affair began. Enjoy!
Zac Brown Band's new album "You Get What You Give"
There's a couple of repeat tracks from their first album, but I'll forgive them. From their guitar picks and melodic tunes to their lyrics that make you giggle, this album puts me in a good, calm mood.

Boscia's "Luminizing Black Mask"
My fellow blogger and friend, A Colorado Cupcake turned me onto Sephora (BIG mistake) and to this little gem of a mask. It's a peel off mask that you can visibly see the nasty dead skin and pore clogging crap that it takes out. Tip: apply in downward strokes because it will take some hair with it...it's kind of like a band-aid. Also, avoid your hairline, brows, and follow the directions when it says apply below your ocular bone. This stuff can make you tear up if it's too close to your eyes.

Boscia's "Willow Bark Breakout Treatment"
Lately, my chin has been rebelling against me. From touching my face, to resting my work phone on my chin, to pressing my cell against my face (sometimes in the process putting people on hold accidentally), and hormones, my skin is truly winning the war on zits. At the recommendation of Sephora's helpers, I tried this lightweight, non-drying gem.

Boscia's "Clear Complexion Cleanser"
Continuing my love affair with Boscia and Sephora, I went back to try to find a skin care system because my oily face and dry, flaky-ness was not cool. Based on some recommendations, I settled on this cleanser. It feels silky while I'm lathering and rinses off my make up, too! A little trick I learned about face wash and wash clothes is that the weave of the cloth can spread those zit making bacteria, so it's best to just use your hands on your face.

Boscia's Vital Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15
Part of the skin care regimen that is necessary for the dry flaking to cease is this moisturizer. It has that SPF that we need here in Colorado. Also, I like the light feeling and texture it gives my face. I use it in the morning and at night and have noticed a lot of reduced flakey-ness.
Philosophy's "The Microdelivery Peel"
Part of the whole kit and kaboodle from Spehora that I took hook, line, and sinker is this microderm kit from Philosophy. OK, well, I didn't buy it, but she gave me a ton of samples to make sure that I like it before I commit. It's like dating before moving in together. I use this every 3 days. (One day on, one day just cleanse, one day mask, one day cleanse, then one day on again.) The combination of the exfoliation that this provides is tough enough, but mild enough to be paired with a mask that sucks out all the yucky stuff. I feel that this will be a staple as the Colorado winter really kicks in and my skin dries up.

Burt's Bees "Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream"
Speaking of dry Colorado winters and cracking skin, I love this cuticle cream from Burt's Bees. It's lemony fresh and really take care of my cuticles. This year, I am hoping to get a head start so that I don't have hang nails or cracking.

A&E TV's "Paranormal State"
Perhaps it's because it's Halloween time and ghost stories give you the heebee jeebees. Maybe it's because I think that ghosts are real. Whatever it is, I can't help but watch this show. It creeps me out and makes me think every bump in the night is a signal of something from beyond. And yes, I watch this right before I go to sleep. I'm a genius.

Bravo's "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"
This incarnation of the addictive franchise takes us to the land of swimming pools and movie stars. These housewives have some major coin compared to previous cities and some major drama. If it's not the former child star that is obsessed with her kids, it's her sister telling her to cut the umbilical cord and be her own person. Then there's the pending divorce of Camille with her hubby...this season is gonna be good!

Baby Seamus
Last, but definitely NOT least, is little baby Seamus. Seamus is a little blessing for my friend Mandy and her husband Shane. His older brother Brendhan was lost to a full abruption that also came close to claiming Mandy's life, too. He was born October 14 ans is soooo freaking precious. I can't wait to get to know this little guy!

1 comment: