Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Playlist

I'm trying to get myself into Halloween this year. I didn't decorate. I'm recycling a costume from high school. (Score one for living at home and going through the storage room, minus a million for my pride.) I am not going out to get wasted. I am going to a party on Sunday, but that's more hanging out than anything else....in a Grecian Goddess costume. To get myself more in the spirit (and prevent me from changing my blog design to Thanksgiving) I thought that I would throwout some songs quintessential for a Halloween party.

Perhaps you'll use the songs to get read to, perhaps you'll add them to your own playlist. Perhaps you'll just say, "Check, check, check".

  1. Thriller by the one and only MJ. File this under "Duh".
  2. Monster by Mother Monster, Lady Gaga. That boy is a monster.
  3. Monster Mash by some dude named Boris Pickett. It's always a graveyard smash.
  4. Toccata & Fugue by Bach. His organ work is haunting. Get it?
  5. Addams Family by Vic Mizzy. It's an moldy oldie.
  6. Addams Groove by MC Hammer. Do what want to do, say what you want to say.
  7. Little Red Riding Hood by Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs. It's creepy how his voice makes you sexy/dirty/scared all at once.
  8. I Put A Spell On You by Jay Hawkins.Two words: Hocus Pocus. Done and done.
  9. Zombie by The Cranberries. The song says Zombie over and over.
OK, so in making that list, I thought about movies that I like to watch this time of year. And, I'm going with what I watch, not some of the obvious ones *cough* ABC Family *cough*.

  1. Hocus Pocus. File this under "Duh" while you're filing Thriller.
  2. Practical Magic. It has witches and people coming back from the dead. And tequila.
  3. Beetlejuice. Pure Burton brilliance.
  4. Sleepy Hollow. I can really picture New England as spooky.
  5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  7. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (I stop here because after this installment, HP is less halloweenie and more serious.)
  8. Teen Witch. I'm going to be the most popular guurrrllll.
  9. The Worst Witch. It was made for TV, but made of brilliance.
  10. The Craft. It's the second movie where Fairuza Balk is a witch.(Fun fact: Fairuza is the witch in The Worst Witch.)
 Happy Halloween!!


No comments:

Post a Comment