Linking up with Shannon at Life After I "Dew" for a little Sandy themed SO WHAT.
So WHAT if...
- I'm over hurricanes? I mean, c'mon. Blizzards are way more fun because you can go outside and play in the snow. I don't want to go puddle jumping when the 'hood smells like a gerbil cage.
- I never lost power? Don't hate if you did. I have a brick row house from 1880. I win.
- I'm glad to back in the office? I mean, I love me a long weekend, but I was getting a little stir crazy.
- I drank during the day? I wasn't driving, no one was working, and what else do you do in a natural disaster?
- I kept making jokes about Hurricane Sandy being like my mom Sandy? C'mon. We all know that when she gets cold, she gets bitchy (mixing with a cold front). And she was 15 minutes ahead of the forecast (my mom is always early), and messing up Halloween plans (my mom's birthday is Halloween).
- I called to wish my mom a happy birthday at a suitable hour and still woke her up? It's for all the years she woke me up in college for my birthday.
- I'm not handing out candy this Halloween? I'm turning of the porch light and hiding for two reasons: I'm cheap and I would eat more than I handed out.
|Difference? Less leaves.|
*I know I fared so well that it sounds like I'm bragging, but for people not directly impacted, there are rays of sunshine. I do sympathize with those who fared worse, so don't go hating. I don't have time for that.