Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Derecho...say whaaa???

Unless you've been living under a rock (or without power) you know by now that a massive storm blew through the country Friday night. The meteorologists are calling it a "Derecho".

Say whaaa???

I've saved you and already wikipedia'ed it for you:
A derecho (Spanish: derecho "straight", pronounced [de̞ˈɾe̞tʃo̞][1]), is a widespread and long-lived, violent convectively induced straight-line windstorm that is associated with a fast-moving band of severe thunderstorms in the form of a squall line usually taking the form of a bow echo.

So last summer, a haboob threatened my travel, now a derecho is cramping my style.

Now, I was not the unfornate to lose power at all, but lemme tell you. I had something much worse.

I? Was denied Magic Mike. Remember my last post where I drooled over the men? Yeah. I only got maybe 45 minutes of Channing working the stage. In fact, we only got one solo. Not. OK. The derecho cut power to the generators to run the projectors. Granted, we got some audience members get up and dance for us (thankyouridiculouslybuiltgaymen) and a refund, but still. I mean, really.

That was 250 women and gay men leaving very pent up and now getting into another showing is proving difficult. The next show that's at a time for us nine to fivers? THURSDAY. At 7:20pm. This is going to be the longest four days. Thankfully, padre y madre dos are coming into town on Tuesday and there's something going on Wednesday, so Thursday will be here before I know it.

Here's to everyone getting their power back, a great week, and a Magic Mike finish.

1 comment:

  1. That dear storm caused lots of damage around here. Most still don't have power restored. The weather has been wicked lately!

    ReplyDelete