Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

First Impressions

Subtitled: My First Weekend In the New 'Hood and Chez L.A.

So, for the most part, the big move to the new abode for the next two years is done. Actually, I'm writing this post from our living room while I'm waiting for the movers from Colorado to get here. Where it's actually been in Baltimore for the past week. (grumble grumble grumble)

Since the movers are coming, I am working from home and decided to venture out to the local coffee shop for a cuppa Joe. On my little walk this morning, every person I passed said, "Good morning!" Naturally, I smiled and exchanged the well wishes and bopped along my way.

I have been slowly unpacking and trying to find places for everything. This apartment only has two closets: one in each bedroom. This means that I'm getting creative with storage space. Thankfully, we have basement storage, but that's not exactly convenient.

I will have to say that the neighbors I don't like? Are the creepy crawler kind. I have to say, Colorado has the corner on the market for bugs. Cockroaches are rare, beetles not too populous, etc. DC however? Here's how to best put it, "These things are so big you can saddle and ride those f*kers." (Said by a cute little Granny.)

As I get settled, I will post pictures of my handy work, before and after style with tips on hanging, storing, and getting creative.

Here's to getting my poop in a group to post sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment