Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Life Without Cable

There's lots to be said for ditching the boob tube and getting back to a simpler existence. That something? It's damn expensive thanks to Comcast and their monopoly on cable providers for my building.

Now that I'm off the gravy train, I have to save all my pennies. But not those gross ones at the bottom of my purse. Those can be pitched.

Back to my point. Although I have been absent from blogging as of late - and well, all social media and life, for that matter - I have found that I spend far less time in a vegetative state, going to bed at a reasonable hour, enjoying a good book, and generally not really missing cable.

That is, until the Grammys were on.

I had made plans to sit in judgment and watch the Grammys at a friend's house, but said friend came down with a strain of the plague, so I opted for the disease-free comfort of catching bit and pieces online. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but I do love the performances. I had hoped that the Whitney tribute would be upfront, so I want to the gym and hoped on a treadmill to kill two birds with one stone. Not so much. In fact, Bruce was lackluster for me. Thankfully, Bruno picked up the pace and I found myself dancing a little on the treadmill.

So tell me true, readers, did I miss out?

As an aside, I have also taken this cable-free time to get some blogs out so stay tuned this week!

Missed you, mean it.

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I could help you out but sadly my husband despises award shows & do I watched 2.5 minutes of red carpet & then it was time for his movie pick of the week, Drive. Kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had cable since July 2010. My husband misses it, I don't. The two shows I watch I can catch online the next day. That's $80 a month we can put toward our student loans. I'd rather be debt-free than wasting my life watching tv.

    I did watch some of the performances the next day.

    ReplyDelete