Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Icky Poo Poo

Being 28, living in a city at least 500 miles from a parent, and being sick really bites the big one.

Granted, I can function. I can heat up broth, take medicine, and make it to the doctor, but there's a comfort when someone is taking care of you.

I caved today and had some chocolate sorbet (don't tell my trainer). I know there's no medical benefit, but it's a little comforting. If I weren't a whole block from 7-Eleven, you bet your bippy I'd be getting down on a Slurpee.

What really sucks about this is that I travel tomorrow. (Germaphobes, put down your desanitizer, I'll be on antibiotics for 24 hours by then.) Thankfully, I'm not congested, so the pressure changes won't kill me.

I'll be heading to San Antonio for my cousin's wedding. I think I'll tell the makeup artist to liven me up so I don't look dead. Should be interesting. In 98 degree heat and 60% humidity. Shoot me.

At least if I go down hill, my mom will be there to take care of me. #bigbaby

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog via Life After I Dew - so cute! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete