Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Epic Fall...The Season

So, in case you missed it (ICYMI), I blogged about Epic Falls. As in, biff it, take a digger, trip, flail, body surf, tumble.

Yeah. I do that a lot.

So is it any coincidence that I love fall?

There are so many things to love. The Pumpkin Spice Lattes, layering (which makes one outfit like five), the leaves, the crisp morning, pumpkin and apple picking, ahhh....so much!

Then there's the obsession of the Salted Caramel Mocha from the 'Buck. Lately on twitter, I've been conversing with Shannon at Life After I "Dew" and Kelly at Keeping Up With Kelly & Co. about the deliciousness of the PSL and SCM (figure it out).

Granted, the conversation from Shannon was more longing and complaining that the 'Buck had yet to hit the sticks. So naturally, we went to the internets to scour for recipes.

Here's the one that I'm stuck on:

1/2 cuppa/mugga joe (or shot of espresso if you're fancy pants)
1/2 cuppa/mugga steam milk (easy peasy out is to heat in the microwave)
1 packet hot cocoa
Salted Caramel to taste
Sea Salt to taste

Mix steamed milk and cocoa first, then add coffee. Next sweeten with caramel and salt to your liking. If you have the patience to keep the foam, then drizzle with caramel and sprinkle sea salt.

What's great is that you can make substitutions like skim milk and "diet"/fat free cocoa packet. I wouldn't skimp on the caramel. That's the essence.

In my "research", I found that Trader Joe's has a Fleur de Sel Caramel. That's fancy pants for Flower of Salt Caramel. Since I went to not one, not two, but three grocery stores on Sunday, I was able to make it to Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Harris Teeter to compare.

Hands down, it's TJ's.

I picked up the makings of hot cocoa, sea salt, and the Fleur de Sel and realized I shouldn't deprive Shannon. She lives in the country where a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods are non-existent. She'll be receiving a little Salted Caramel Mocha Fall care package so that she can go on and on with us on twitter about it's deliciousness on our Friday virtual coffee meet ups.

Official fall is just around the corner...I need to get out my leggings, tights, wool, and start layering.

What are your favorites of fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment