Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Retail Therapy - Online Edition

Ok, I see the irony in that this is a blog that is online and I titled the post "Online", but it's more that I'm online shopping. Get it? Over explained and the joke is gone? Moving on.

First, let me remove my foot from my mouth. Back in October, I wrote a post about Vera Bradley. I needed a prep to break down the obsession with her quilted print. When I was in the store to pick out my mom's Hipster in Java Blue, I was completely overwhelmed. There was so much print, so many colors, all crammed in a dark cubbie display...ahhh...I get the shakes thinking about it. Well, last week I went into my new favorite shop in Old Town Alexandria called 3 Sisters. They have lots of Vera pieces, but they are were displayed throughout the store and their main Vera display was open and light. I was able to process the sights, patterns, and objectively look at the pieces. Well, let's just say I drank the Vera kool-aid.


The Grand Traveler in Baroque
21" x 14½" x 9½" with 7" strap drop and 52½" removable strap
The short straps are long enough to sling over your shoulders, the shoulder strap is a bonus. The front flap is magnetic with two pockets underneath. On the back side, there's an additional two pockets with an opening to strap to your rolling luggage. On the inside, there's four deep pockets and a solid bottom that holds the bag open. Just so you have an idea of it's size: my cowboy boots fit standing up and my size ten covers half of the bottom. HUGE, but not massive. It still fits in overhead compartments where rolling luggage doesn't fit.

Now, for my second dose, I see that there are sale items and I need some cosmetic bags...clearly.

Here's what I found:

Jewelry Box in Hope Garden

Large Cosmetic in Peacock

Zip-Around Wallet in Hop Garden
And...for TSA...the Transparent Travel Pouch in Viva la Vera

Next, I'm going to show you the awesomeness from Sephora:
OPI Urban Ballerina.
Love this collection, neutrals with some pop of color.

Sephora Collection Tourmaline flat iron
Since my Chi's plug is held together with tape.

Philosophy Purity facial cleanser
Travel size for all my travels

Clarins Self-Tanning Gel
To cover the lines and give a little glow

Granted, since these were all online, I have to wait for shipping. So naturally, I'm going to get anxious waiting for these two shipments to arrive!

Speaking of, while I was in Texas, I had a couple of other packages from another online shopping spree.

I got a gorge bandeau bikini from Lands End in navy...it's a little nautical and I totally love it. I would post a pic, but can't find one I can swipe.  Oh, and it's on sale!

Also, I found some Broncos gear for this season!!

The 75% of the Earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by Champ Bailey.

There will be no doubt of my team with this orange and navy number!

I already have my eyes on some pieces for fall, but that's a whole other post to dream, drool, and shop for!

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try OPI nail polish but I've always heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sporting my vintage bronco t right now! You're totes right, that green polish is the bomb. see you so soon!

    ReplyDelete