Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So What Wednesday



It's that time of the week when I link up with Shannon at Life After I "Dew" (LAID) and tell everyone so what.

So what if...

  • Technically, I'm starting this post on Monday? I am working a half day on Wednesday before I fly out for my cousin's graduation from Arizona State. I'm going to have a lot to do.
  • I am pondering ways to get upgraded for the second leg? It's a SIX hour flight from JFK to PHX (brill planning on my part), so there's got to be a sob story that would get me ungraded, right? (Probably not and this would be where the ex and all of his platinum/diamond/160K miles per year would have come in handy. Oh well. He's an ex for a reason.)
  • I am addicted to my "Hot Mess" playlist? It's a combination of Brit Brit and Ke$ha. They are completely manufactured, but they are catchy, up beat songs that help me go through a work out. And make me feel better about my life choices.
  • I had the foresight to book my flight back for Saturday? OK, I actually did it to match the outgoing flights from other family members, but now I'll be able to go to the kickball mid-season party...which means that I will need Sunday to recover...most likely.
  • I kind of want to wear false lashes everyday? I put some on for the Gold Cup this weekend, managed to keep them on until Monday morning and really like that I look like a mascara commercial. Although I've had times where I sleep on them and they are all bent out of shape...not pretty.
  • I think that Bethenny and I would be best friends? If you don't know her last name, then don't even bother to keep reading. I'm not a stalker, but I think we would get along famously.
  • I make my libraries compete? I have my library card for Colorado and now one for DC. In getting audiobooks and eReader files, I will list myself on both and see who gets me to the top of the list first. It's worked well so far so I can have a couple of choices for my SIX hour flight.
  • Did I mention I have a SIX hour flight? I'm dreading it. I know that it will go one of two way: I'll sleep through it or I'll be awake for every moment and next to a screaming child.
  • I'm in love with Happy Endings? If you haven't seen it, I suggest that you check your local listings to make sure that you're DVR-ing or in front of the boob tube to watch this comedy. Seriously. You'll thank me.
I might do some posts on the fly this weekend with my observations from people watching at the airport and the graduation. (I've been inspired watching people on the Hill and Union Station lately. I feel like a round of She Needs Better Friends might happen.)

4 comments:

  1. I hope your flight goes well, all 6 hours of it. Wear your falsies and a huge smile and no doubt they'll upgrade you! :)

    Oh and Brit Brit...she rocks ANY playlist. Lurve her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totes started my SWW on Monday too! I need days to figure out what I'm so whating for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, Bethenny is MY best friend. Don't you read my blog? ;oP I'm obviously kidding. Although, she did "Tweet" me and I about peed myself. Seriously. Anyways.. great blog. New follower. Yadda yadda. Found you over at Life After I Dew! Oh and miles? Ugh. My husband used to travel for work 5 days per week.. it was glorious. We booked many a vacation using miles and hotel points and then he left that cushy job to stay at home more with our baby and me... Truth? I would have rather had the miles.. LOL Don't tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new Brit and Ke$ha stuff too. Good play list! Do you like the Katy Perry ET song? I don't really like her so much, but love that song.

    ReplyDelete