Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's October and the Official Halloween Season!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween, haunted houses, jack-o-lanterns, costumes, witches, ghosts, and even the fake cobwebs!

It might have something to do with my mom's birthday being on Halloween, but it's one of my favorite holidays. It might also be that Colorado gets the first snow of the winter season around this time of year. Or it could be that it's the first holiday in a string of Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year that heralds family time, decadent treats, and holiday cheer. But I don't care what the reason is, I just love it!

For those that enjoy haunted houses, Haunted Denver hosts a website with a listing and reviews of the haunted houses around Denver...I'm not talking an episode of Ghost Hunters haunted, but the kind with Leatherface chasing you with a chainless chainsaw.

I also like to carve pumpkins. Although, I live in an "Old People" neighborhood, so the whole effort seems wasted. I would love to have the artistic ability for something like this:


But would settle for the patience to complete this:


And on the backside to whatever is my first attempt is typically this:
I may have to pull out some of the decorations at home to get into the spirit...

Speaking of, I am trying to come up with costume ideas...do you have any? Last year, we thought it would be brilliant to get a big group together and dress up as the Duggars with all the girls in long dresses and the guys in polos and khakis with name tags of all the kids names that start with J. We could even have one of our pregnant friends go as the Mom who's pregnant with her 19th (!!!) child.

Happy Halloween (Month)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment