Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Plus One Isn't So Plus

So, I have blogged about wedding guest accommodations (i.e. We're at the point where you assume that everyone is a "plus one".) And having a plus one to those major social events is, well, a plus...at the time.

Yesterday, I was thinking about how it would be nice to have a date to some of the various weddings, parties, etc. that are lining up for this year. Then, like a bolt of lightening, I realized that ALL of my past events where I have been stag (I may have had a boyfriend at the time, but for various reasons, didn't bring them) have been a blast! The bonus is that I get to look back at all of those events and smile, laugh, and reminisce with everyone and not have to say, "Oh, that's when I was dating so-and-so...he turned into a douche," or "So-and-so was being such a whiner about having to hang out by himself because I was doing this or that."

Sure, having a built-in dance partner, drink getter, arm candy, etc. would be a bonus, but looking back, that's where my friends' other halves are stand-ins. (Without that whole commitment thing...he wouldn't get mad if I found someone else to stand-in.) And I don't have to entertain someone that may or may not know my friends or their dates and may or may not be comfortable in social situations...although this is also a Litmus test for the relationship because, as you know, I am a little social butterfly...if he can't hack it there, he can't hack it in my life. ha.

I am looking forward to my wedding season! As with last year, here's the list of weddings on my social calendar this year:


Kalyn & Jeremy
May 1, 2010
Lamar, CO
She's got her cowboy wrapped around her Wyoming bound finger.


Kevin & Jessica
June 4, 2010
Brewster, MA
My middle dot is dwopping her ah's (R's) fa life.


Chelsea & David
August 14, 2010
Beaver Creek, CO
Meeting at a wedding was foreshadowing their life together.


Caitlin & Mark
October 9, 2010
Collinsville, CT
A beautiful, New England, fall location for them.



Chelsea's wedding also entails a bachelorette trip to Sin City in June....so you know there will be blogs a go-go. And since my travel schedule isn't as hectic as last year, I will be able to fully blog about all of them because I won't forget as much as time passes!

No comments:

Post a Comment