Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Curiouser and Curiouser

Last night, I went to see Tim Burton's incarnation with Alice in Wonderland in 3D. It was a good movie. Very Time Burton-y...in that it's kooky, gray skied, and had his wife Helena Bonham Carter in it. I like Johnny Depp's performance, but then again, I love Johnny Depp.

I learned something, though about 3D, or stereovision. I can't see it. That's right. I am part of the small percentage of the population that cannot see the 3D as it is intended. There's a whole opinion article about it here. So basically, I have stereo-blindness. I don't know if it would improve if I wore my glasses (slight prescription for astigmatism and distance, but I only wear them at work.) and the 3D glasses since I didn't have that stroke of brilliance until the credits were rolling. I figured this out when one of my friends started reaching for a mushroom and I didn't get it. For me, the screen looked farther away and had beveled sides inward that held some dimension...nothing seemed within arm's reach. Bonus to this is that I won't have my world rocked by Avatar in 3D, so I can see it in 2D and save some cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment