Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Potential Shanking Can Really Kill Motivation

So, I have been making it to the gym before work for the past seven work days...I had previously made it in before work before Christmas, and then there was vacation and the gym ceiling being replaced, so I am ahead of seven days, but that's neither here nor there.

Here's where your motivation can be killed:
I get to work/the gym between 6:15 and 6:30 in the morning and since it's winter, it's still dark outside. I have a parking space in a lot that also happens to be next to the homeless shelters. As I have previously blogged about, someone has taken a shat on my car. I got lazy and never changed my parking space. Well, this morning, as I got out of my car, there was someone SLEEPING in the space next to mine. I yelled an expletive and the response I heard from under the blanket was, "That's what I said." WHO THE HELL SLEEPS IN A PARKING SPACE?! was my reply. So, in a flight or fight reflex, I get my shizz out of my car and book it to the gym.

Moral of the story, change your parking space when your car gets shizzed on, not when you could have been shanked by some homeless dude making an abode out of your parking space.

Lesson learned and space changed. Now, I just need to keep making it to the gym...

No comments:

Post a Comment