Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh! Something Shiny!

It seems that I have a lot of short little postings in my head and that I am a little all over the place, so here's a mishmash of my thoughts on the day: (hold on tight, it's completely random.)

It's weird what you retain while half-awake. I turn on the weather channel when my alarm first goes off and hit the snooze a time or two (or three), but in that short, nine minute time frame, I fell back asleep (or so I thought) and heard that the State of the Union Address was on this evening. So, in my mind, I resided that today would be an after-work workout since there's no need to rush home. That, and everything worth watching I already DVR. (Speaking of which, I need to get caught up on Jersey Shore and Teen Mom - don't deny that you love it. Oh, and there's a whole new slew of preggo eggos on 16 & Pregnant - note to self - DVR that.) So, today, it's an after-work workout day.

Yesterday, we had an office-wide meeting. I got recognition from my boss' boss' boss. That recognition? Was because I have been on facebook for six years and I'm an aficionado. AWESOME. Whatever, I'm cool, well, at least virtually.

My lunch today was pretty decent. I tried the Lean Cuisine Cheese Lasanga & Chicken and it wasn't too bad. I tried it at the recommendation of a stranger in the frozen food aisle stocking up on LCs since they were on sale. Who takes advice from a complete stranger in the grocery store about something that will determine your ultimate happiness at lunch time? I have a weird thing about marinara...I don't really like it, but I like it. And I don't like a lot, but it's all relative. Anyway, it was pretty decent and I might buy again, but I've got the confidence to try other marinara sauce based LCs. Also, whilst eating the chicken, I was sitting at my desk and holding the "plate" over my lap. Well, the chicken isn't so easy to cut, and it flopped onto my lap. Cut to me changing into my workout gear 4 hours early. Oh well, at least I'm ready for the gym.

I'm so excited for a weekend of (surprisingly) nothing! Between the DVR, vacuuming and the gym, I don't have any other priorities. Totally looking forward to it! And it's weird in general that I don't have SOMEthing going one. Weird.

Right now, the sun is reflecting off a building across the street and it's causing temporary blindness and hulk-type rage.

I told you. Ran. Dom. Hopefully you were entertained!

Apologies to the fans (ahem! Preggo in Kentucky) for my absence from blogging....

1 comment:

  1. Appreciated. Thank you for keeping me entertained (and off Facebook) at work for approximately 5 minutes.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete