Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Racking Up the Miles

Today, I realized it has been over a month since my last post. To be fair, I have really only been in town for three to four days at a time before jet-setting across the country.

My weekend in Holly was the first of seven weekends in a row that I would be traveling, so now that I am upon my last one, I thought that I could play catch up, in several parts.

Weekend #1: Holly, CO - See also: "Everybody Dies Famous in a Small Town"

For your visual entertainment, I will include a photo of me and the grad before her first of two graduation parties.



Weekend #2: College Station, TX


I had never been to the Aggies' home base, but I had a great time while I was there. I got to see some baseball, a lot of East Texas, and had a great night in Northgate. Here's something that Denver should look into: Shot Bars. While I can see the logic that most people in the winter will not go to a bar for a shot or two and then move on, however, it is a promising business in the other seasons...Having a menu spelling out what is in shots also creates diversity in my drinking palate. At a stop on our impromptu bar crawl, I met Mr. Madras, here. What you can't see in this picture is his matching white leather loafers. Awesome.


Weekend #3: Lakewood/Morrison, CO


Ok, so I live only about 15 miles from these two towns, but since I was A) without a means of my own transportation, B) I was living out of a suitcase, and C) I didn't go home from Thursday to Sunday, I consider this a trip.

This weekend was for my friend Kathryn's wedding. She went from K-Ro to K-Mart. Things started on Thursday night with a Bachelor/Bachelorette Party slash Meet-and-Greet for friends and family. Friday brought about the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner (beer pong and pizza - AWESOME.) Saturday was the big day...It was a gorgeous outdoor ceremony right next to the historic Red Rocks Amphitheater. From there, we danced and drank the night away! It was a fabulous fete! Sunday, clearly, was left for recovery.


Weekend #4: Las Vegas, NV

To celebrate my friends Nicole and Shira's 30th birthdays, a group of girls got together in Vegas. We stayed at the Hard Rock (my first time), had a delicious dinner at Nobu, danced the night away, and went to Rehab on Sunday. If you haven't seen the TV show on truTV, let me tell you that it is crazier than the show. It is wall-to-wall people and you should be inebriated to think it's a good idea to get in that water....yuck. It was a great weekend away and a fun time with my "circle of friends that will never be square." (Mariyah's toast.)



Seriously? Icky-poo-poo.

Weekend/Week #5: Littleton, CO/Pittsburgh, PA/Morgantown, WV

This was one long weekend that turned into a week. On the Saturday of this weekend, I actually stuck around Denver and attended my friend Shannon's wedding. It was exquisite and definitely a party. In true Shannon style, the shoes were, of course, Manolo.


On Sunday, I headed to Pittsburgh/Morgantown to hang out with my friend Katie for her wedding the following weekend.

Weekend #6: Washington, PA


The most recent weekend was to celebrate Matt and Katie and their kick-ass wedding. Katie and Matt were told by the hotel and the DJ that it was the best wedding that they had ever had there and it was. Everyone at some point was on the dancefloor. And after the wedding, did everyone retire to their rooms? No! Everyone went to the hotel bar and continued the party until last call. There was another wedding there that night, so everyone was in a party mood.



Double-fisting on the dancefloor. That's my girl.

It's not the most flattering picture, but it's fabulous.

Weekend #7: Lansing, MI

So, this weekend hasn't technically occured, it does involve a family reunion of sorts with my dad, my uncle, my godparents, my future step mom, her family, a live band, and alcohol. Details and photos to follow.

I promise that I won't let so much time lapse between posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment